Friday, December 12, 2008

Camera tragedy

You'll be glad to know I've clawed my way out of funkland, at least for the moment. I decided yesterday that we would switch things up a bit for my mental health. So, the kids and I did a light load of "real" schoolwork and did a lot of home economics. The girls and I are hosting our annual Christmas brunch on Saturday and so we spent time making preparations for that. We don't stray from the books too often, so it was good for everyone to do something different.

Last night we worked on our gratirosisty projects. What is gratirosity? I'm so glad you asked. At church, the kids study virtues each month that coordinate with what they are learning. In November, their virtue was gratitude which we define as, "letting others know you see how they have helped you." This month is generosity. We define generosity as "making someone's day by giving something away." So, we've combined the two and we're using the phrase gratirosity! This means we are being generous to those whom we are grateful for. Okay, really we just made some cute little teacher gifts, but it sounds so much more intentional when you call it "The Gratirosity Project."

Anyway, in the midst of our creating, I sent one child after the camera so that I could capture the yards of grosgrain ribbon and the large amounts of flour and M and M's on film. But, alas, the camera is dead. I mean dead. We tried multiple sets of new batteries and it won't power on. AT ALL! I spent the latter part of last night trying to diagnose it's illness online and it looks like it's a common problem with this particular model. But, Sony will look at repairing it for $188!?! So, guess who then began reading camera reviews and is now changing her Christmas request to a new camera? You guessed it, Mama is going camera shopping today. There are very few earthly possessions that I would replace that swiftly- but my camera is one of them.

After all, I'm going to need it in 5, FIve, 5 days to capture our court date victory dance on film, right?

6 comments:

Enjoying Life Together said...

AMEN on the camera! Those moments can't be repeated but they can be captured.

Oh yes, your countdown is making me nervous. I've not even started packing. At least I have the Campbell blog to keep me on track:)

Oh Dear said...

I hear you about the camera! I bounced ours off the floor on Blake's first Easter! A friend loaned me one until black Friday when i received my Christmas early.

My laptop is showing signs of wear now I know the other essential for me. (besides wahser, dryer....)

Sparkz said...

Glad that they'll repair it! That stinks though! I can't wait to find out about your court date! Only a few more days!

Sparkz said...

Oh and I just read it and realized that the "glad they'll repair it" pobably didn't sound sarcastic written! I was meaning to sound sarcastic! I would be getting a new camera too! Crazy companies!

Bethany said...

Hey just wanted to update you on court. We did not pass. The judge wanted teh oprhanage license. We are reaassigned for Jan 21st :(

Becky said...

It is so exciting. I cannot believe it is only 5 days...is Sabrina going to? How neat is that.