Sunday, December 14, 2008

THREE DAYS!





Knowing today is going to be a busy day, I wanted to take a minute and post my 3 days to court date photo. I just had to use this picture today. Back when we were first waitlisted for our referral, I thought I would post a little countdown photo every Tuesday to mark each week of our waitlist time passing. This was the only one I actually did. At the point I posted this photo to mark 3 weeks on the waitlist, we were only expecting about a 12 or 13 week wait for a boy.

It's probably a good thing I didn't find the time to do it every week, because it would have been really tough about weeks 18 and 19. In fact, just a few weeks after I posted this photo back in early June, I purchased a coordinating Christmas outfit for baby Abe at the annual Patsy Aiken Warehouse Sale, I didn't want him to be left out of our fireplace photo! I e-bayed that outfit in early November when I realized he really wouldn't be joining us for Christmas. Wasn't it so cute?

Everytime I reflect on this amazing journey, I praise God for who He is and for the fact that he has just hammered home to me that HE is enough. Yes, I have struggled with frustration, anxiety, broken expectations, and even some grief during each twist and turn, but He has always been sufficient. He sustains me through every step of the way and I know that no matter what happens on Wednesday, he will still hold the Campbell family in the palm of his hand. And I mean all of us-- on both sides of the globe. Come on Wednesday!

3 comments:

Bird's Words said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bird's Words said...

i apologize for the deleted comment there. I MEANT to say that I am praying for you in the next 3 days, for a wonderful court outcome and travel plans to come through quickly!

~Laura~ said...

praying for you guys! I've haven't been able to stop thinking about you guys and your upcoming court date!