Saturday, December 13, 2008

Fiesta!



Last year the girls and I started a new Christmas tradition. Years ago I noticed that one of my favorite authors, Sally Clarkson, often mentioned a family tradition that she and her girls had shared for a number of years. Every year they hosted a Mother-Daughter Christmas Tea. I thought it was a neat idea and I filed it in the back of my mind. Last year, I decided it was the right time to try it in our home. So, we tweaked it as we're not tea drinkers and we hosted our first Christmas brunch. We had a great time and we decided to do it again this year. We trimmed the guest list down a little, because quite frankly I was overwhelmed last year. We decided to do a Mexican Christmas theme, and we had a great time.

Since I bought a new camera last night, here are some photos of our morning:

Here are some friends listening as I read our Mexican Christmas story book.
Here we are making a "creche" craft to go along with our story.
Elizabeth's finished product.
The line-up.  Everyone was waiting for their turn at bat with the pinata.
Lizzy's try at the pinata
We had to call on the mom's to get it done!  Ms. Linette finally sent it flying!

The garage floor scramble for pinata goodies.
Lily and her good friend Ashlyn showing off one of their pinata treats.
My three tired hostesses.

1 comment:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Glad that one of Linette turned out good. I thought I missed it. She gave it a whack before I knew it! :) Girls had a good time. Thanks again for the fun morning.