Monday, December 8, 2008

Single Digits

Well, here at the Campbell Circus we have two countdowns going on. Of course, we have the annual countdown to Christmas. However, this year that has paled in comparison to our countdown to Courtdate! It's hard to believe that we're down to single digits, but, we are. NINE days, that's it NINE days! Needless to say, there is some nervous tension in the Campbell House.

Someone asked at church yesterday why we were nervous, we were sure to pass, weren't we? Well, yeah, probably, eventually, we are pretty sure to pass. But, there are often delays- not usually a few days of delays, they can turn into weeks of delays, months of delays, over a variety of little things. We don't want delays- at all! But, we do want God's timetable and we've already learned that sometimes means delays. So, we are waiting with hope and trying to take baby steps toward welcoming our 15 month old. But, I'm also trying to prepare myself for the possibility that he may be a 16 month old or an 18 month old or !?! Please pray for us as we continue to wait- the days seem to be getting lengthier and the anxiety comes in short and frequent bouts. I am answering the anxiety by whispering a prayer every time I feel anxious and I use scriptures like these to remind myself of what I know to be true.

 The LORD is my strength and my shield; 
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. 
My heart leaps for joy 
and I will give thanks to him in song.
Psalm 28:7

I leave you with a photo of some of the cutest "stairsteps" I've ever seen in my life.  Every time I get a photo of all of them coordinating, I wonder if it's the last one of them I'll get.  I just don't know how much longer Abby will be willing to match or how much longer Isaac will be willing to wear green knit Christmas pants- he's already a little skeptical.  There's just one thing missing from this photo, and hopefully in 9 days, the courts will agree!


4 comments:

Angela said...

LOVE the picture!!

I am hoping that 2009 brings the Campbell crew to Atlanta sometime!!

Oh Dear said...

Oh Christy I am getting anxious for you! I can't wait to see the other step lined up in his Christmas outfit!

solas4me said...

What a cute and beautiful group of kids! I am sure that you are as excited and anxious about court as we are, but let us continue to rest in the peace that our Lord gives!

Melissa Darling

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness reading your entry was like reading what is going on in our life right now! Our court date is Friday and aghghgg!!! We want those boys do badly but we know God has it all worked out! I will keep you in my prayers! Oh and the surprise shower ..how nice!!