Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Comfort

Comfort, that's the meaning of our son's birth name.  Isn't that beautiful?  Comfort is such a tender word.   All of us want to find comfort in something.

Through this whole journey to our son, God has showed me over and over again that HE is the only source of true and lasting comfort.  Again, this week, he has comforted me with his word. With less than 36 hours remaining until we hear the outcome of our case, I have been running the same few verses through my head again and again.  I'll leave you with these words from Daniel ch. 6.  They've brought me great comfort as I've prayed for favor with the judge in Ethiopia this week. 

"Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.
He changes time and seasons;
he sets up kings and deposes them.
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.
I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers:
You have given me wisdom and power,
you have made known to me what we asked of you.

2 comments:

coffeemom said...

beautiful. praying for your court date tomorrow! High hopes!

The Millenders said...

Will you find out tomorrow?