Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Surprise!

Yesterday the kids and I got dressed in our red and green and bopped out the door for a Happy Birthday Jesus party hosted by one of the moms in our co-op. I must admit I was a little irritated when I got the invite for a Tuesday morning at 9:30. We are usually schooling on Tuesday mornings at 9:30, but I knew the kids would enjoy the party and I felt obligated to attend. So, off we went to the church to participate in the festivities.

However, when we entered the "party" room at church, I noticed that the crowd was certainly not a "Happy Birthday Jesus" crowd. We had walked right into a surprise shower for our family. The children's ministry staff had invited all of the church employees to a shower during their normal weekly staff meeting time. So, we received a sweet surprise. The kids enjoyed helping with opening the gifts and we are delighted to say that we now have a good starter supply of diapers and wipes! The girls who planned the shower made each of the kids a little treat bag, but Isaac did lament on the way out, "I was really wishing it was a Christmas party."

We feel very loved. Everyone is getting excited about our trip. We are cautiously optimistic that we'll be celebrating a court success two weeks from tonight. We can't wait to introduce you all to our boy, who Isaac has affectionately nick-named Abey Baby.


Here I am with Jennifer, Daphne, and Sarah- the girls who pulled one over on me!


Our cute diaper cake made by Ms. Sarah. Also notice the diaper bag tag hanging in the background. Ms. Daphne was thoughtful enough to fill it out completely so that I wouldn't have to worry about it on our first Sunday at church. That's the sign of an experienced pre-school director!

7 comments:

~Laura~ said...

How sweet! What a great suprise!

Shaw6pak said...

Christy, That was awesome. At first I was thinking....our coop had a happy birthday Jesus party and I didn't get invited. :(

But then I read on. ;) How sweet and thoughtful for the ladies to surprise all of you with a baby shower.

I am praying that the court date does smoothly.

Rebecca said...

How fun is that? Such a sweet surprise!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Abey Baby is so loved!!

Oh Dear said...

Did Isaac get his Birthday Party for Jesus?

Angela said...

How super sweet!!

Enjoying Life Together said...

Like Isaac, B is a little bummed that he doesn't have a Christmas party to attend. Guess boys like to party too! :) Glad you enjoyed the shower. Sure hope the kids understand why I fibbed. That bothered me the whole time!! ~S